Friday, April 1, 2011

~ Elephant Sanctuary, Lanchang ~

My mom told me i would drive her and my dad nuts with watching Disney's DUMBO cartoon. They had a VCR copy of it and i would play it again and again and again and again.. hehehe ... And , after watching it sooo many times i even know every single line... Well, I USED too.. lolz...

 But it is one of my most favourite Disney Original movies..!!=)..My mom would tell me stories of how i keep telling,wishing and begging her to have a pet elephant.. hahaha .. lolz.. It didnt came true if that whats ur thinking.. hahaha ... but i got the next best thing...=)
Well, my parents and i enjoyed having some quality family time once in a while and if possible we dont wanna have to spend much to enjoy bonding time..... Not in a cheapskate way, more in a smart spending way..=) And so, my dad found this elephant adoption sanctuary. Where they keep, breed, adopt and save endangered elephant or wild elephants which they caught in the construction and extensions of our modern living. 


We started our day pretty early, as we were all pretty hype about our family adventure. We stopped at the tanah rata R&R which is the same one that people commonly stop to go up to Genting Highland. We had brunch there and continue our way to lanchang, Pahang. But before we departed the R&R my brother and i . well ok.."I' admit that "I" wanted to take a picture with the military truck.=).. Jakun (dumbstruck) i know...=).Even the military guy was kinda snickering at me.. But i didnt care.. it was kinda cool..=).. *blush*


So we continued driving about an hour plus from the R&R and it was an interesting drive. I have always been a "City Girl".. I sometimes hate to admit it, cause i dont wanna sound superficial.. =)..but i am, and so when i saw the livestock animals in the rural part of the city we were in. I was super excited at the same time kinda sound dumbstrucked by everything. haha . I love chicken, meat and lamb. But seeing them live and real.. kinda *hehe* bring out the giddy kiddy in me..Lolz..

After about a total of 2 hours driving from my house, we finally reached the sanctuary and boy it was inspiring for me to learn that they do not charge any admission fee's. They survive on the generosity of the visitors, you may contribute or donate any amount that u wish to give sincerely . I mean it doesnt get any more admirable then that. Rather that places who charge heart-dropping rate for the same experience..


Well,even for the cheapo ppl...Pls donate..!! I advise all who does visit this place donate something even a small donation of rm10 perperson or about rm50 for a group of people would help tremendously .My parents made a donation of rm100 in the name of our family. And it made us feel good to help for such an admirable cause...=).. I mean look at the happy elephant , you know u 've helped such a wonderful cause..!!

We kinda came a bit too early for the feeding time. So funnily enough, we bought banana's and peanut packets from home to feed the elephants so that we didnt have to buy  there. Bringing from home is muchhh cheaper ..=).. But while waiting we kinda finish a packet and some of the banana's .. lolz.. bad i know,we felt guilty afterwards..hahaha 


However, we found out later that we didnt have to bring food from home as they prepare and brought out stocks and piles of fruits for us to feed the elephants...=)... i had the most fun feeding them.. They r the most gentle animals.. heheh .. They brought out about 4-5 adult elephants and 3 baby elephants.. hehehe .. and the babies are sooo adorable... Making me, give my mom that pleading look.. and she laughed and retold the story of dumbo.... Um.. awesome family memories.. hehehe 


The whole family bought extra clothes to join the "Take a bath with the elephants".. hahaa.. Wanna know something kinda disgusting...?? really...?? you sure..?? ok.ok.. hahah .. well, since I thought we were gonna be bathing with the elephants.. I kinda skip my morning bath that day... lolz.But sadly, that day the activity was cancelled because the water level was too high and they didnt wanna risk any injuries or accidents.Since it was cancelled. I went to the public toilets they have there and took a shower either ways.. hahaha .. pathetic i know,.. lolz..

Before we left the sanctuary, we lined up to get a chance to ride the elephant. I would torture him i know, since i could weight as much as the baby elephant... but... but.... but... oh shut up..!!=)... hahaha .. I JUST WANNA !!.. And it was an awesome and fun experience...!!=)... and i would do it again .. and again.. and AGAIN!!.. hehehe.. This is defintely an awesome place for photo opp, family adventure, gathering of friends or just a outing for no reason..!!!


Interested in visiting this place ?


Pusat Konservasi Gajah Kebangsaan
Jabatan Hidupan Liar & Taman Negara
Kuala Gandah, 28500 LAnchang
Pahang Darul Makmur
Tel : 09-27903911



PS: DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A DONATION!! 
(Doesnt matter how big or small.. Do the right thing..!1=) )

No comments:

Post a Comment