Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NS..then..now.. and more to come..!!

I was lucky and fortunate to be able to participate in our country's National Service program wayyy back when it first started. Funnily enough, i was actually not chosen for the program. Everyone around me was either mopping around unhappy at being chosen or ecstatic to go or was just passively going with the flow.. For those who was not chosen, we happy that they escape the unfortunate program of misery.. hahaha ... And for some who did got in were finding ways to avoid going such as faking a health certificate, asking parents to send them overseas.. and even purposely write to the kementerian and begged to be taken out of the program.


But for me... I purposely wrote in to the government and asked them to allow me to participate in the program.. As weeks gone by and my friends who were in the first batch up and left for camp, i came to realize that mayb i didnt get in after all. So, i applied for work and got a part-time work in TGIF, on my 2nd day of work i got a letter from the government asking me to get packing and ready to report for the program in 7 days.. so literally i work at TGIF for exactly 10 days then i left for my National Service training.

I would never have thought or guessed that i was such a "CITY" girl.. i always thought of myself as the a bit rowdy  sporty girl and was a bit of a challenger.. but going there, i realize i was a CITY girl and its all funny and amusing stories that happen there...Those are to be told and shared with friends and families.. haha ... or mayb it'll be good for one of my entries one day.. hahaha...

But what i am happy is.. Even those we all met for the first time in 2004 in Setiu, Terengganu. i am happy to announce that i am still in contact with some of them. Some by email, Facebook and some are as close to me as bestie's. Everyone is busy and a few have settled down with families of their own. But the main thing is we all do keep in touch ... And with some of them, i had made beautiful memories.. and these are some of them...=)

These were taken during my time in Setiu... Wish i had taken more pictures... It was a very good experience and learning experience as well.. As I learn to appreciate what i have.. and conquered some of my fears...And i made a lot of friends.. that i would cherished those friendships always ..!!

One of the first meetup's we had..=)... Boy, did we had fun bowling and having lunch at tony romas's... We had soo much fun that we didnt really take that much pictures..=) hahaha ... I was glad to know even after years since we all alst met, we were close and still are..!!=)

We went to try our hands at Skytrex Adventure at Bukit Charakah in Shah Alam. Lolz...We were there early even before the place was opened.. And it was funny how we were running around looking for the shuttle that would take us to the skytrex site.. hahaa ..We were pumped to try this activity cause we thought since we survived NS we could do it with no problem.. Well.. it was tough, enjoyable and left my body aching for the entire weekend.. hahaha .. I had my battle wounds to showoff.. haha 

One of the most recent outing was us trying our hands at archery-ing... Lolz , it was funny, fun and awesome experience... hahaha .., lolz... more activities to try together... hahaha 

A few of Us even went for a holiday before... We went to Tioman for 3days 2 night in 2009.. It was all last minute planned... and luckily enough it went well.. The place is beautiful anf i enjoyed myself..


A year plus ago, some of us even went for a weekend away to Penang... it was crazy and all.. but i had fun... With the sightseeing, foods... and the sceneries... it was a great experience...


All in all... I appreciate all the wonderful activities that we have done.. and more to come soon. i hope we will never loose contact.. For those who have distant themselves... Or i have distant myself from them.. Well, its better to lead life they with less drama...=).

Xoxox, Luv all of you!!
 and the wonderful memories we have will continue to have !!

No comments:

Post a Comment