Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Warrior and Queen is my Life.... - Part IV-


{Continued from Part III}

I believe and want to believe that for the duration of her hospitalization and her sickness that I did my best for her.

Since I was working at the time, I truly appreciate my company ForeFront Studio (FFS) and Keation Corporation for allowing to me take time off whenever I needed too. They were soo gracious as allowing me to go home early almost everyday for me to make it in time to see my mom everyday before the visiting hours finish. From Ara Damansara to HUKM it would take me almost 1-2 hours to reach, depending on the evening traffic. Being Kuala Lumpur and federal highway, it’s always jammed up and traffic can back up for miles longs. Mama would feel bad that I am jeopardizing my work to come and see her, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

My family and I had a schedule, on whom and what time someone to be there. Since I was working, I would take the evening shift, my brother would take the noon shift, and whenever my dad could he’ll take the morning shift. During the weekends we’ll trade shifts around, so everyone would also have time for themselves to get other things done…


Mama was always happy to have us all around, I truly appreciate everyone that came by to visit her from my husband (then boyfriend), my In-laws, my best friend Aiman, hubby’s best friend Helmi@Gary, relatives, my mom’s colleagues and even her friends came to visit her and this always made her feel happy . She was most touched when my aunts and uncle and even my grandma from my fathers side came down ALL the way from Singapore. She made me promise never to call and “menyusahkan” anyone especially my dad’s side, but in this case I just had too. As it’s a family matter and it was serious. It’s the one thing now I looked back and I know I did the right thing. As that was the last time my grandma “BABA” got so see my mom….

Every time I was with her, all we do is talk, talk and talk.. hahaha… Non stop gossiping and sharing of all the things we would one day do together … And all the things she wanted to do and would do when she gets out of the hospital. Since I was planning for my wedding in November, she would advice me a lot on marriage, patients and savings. It gave me hope that she was going to be there. And I was hoping that she was going to be …=)…  On Sunday, all she wanted was to take a bath. So I gave her a bath and changed her diaper. We talked for a while and I waited for her to sleep and kissed her goodbye and left to go home for the night.

On Monday afternoon, I got a call from my brother that the doctor needed a family member to be at the hospital at night. Since I have slept over a few times, I assume it was the routine sleepover. I went back home like any other day and packed things for my overnight at the hospital. What awaits me at the hospital was soo scary, my mom was moved from the normal ward to the ICU. Her health was deteriorating, and she didn’t look so good. She could barely open her eyes and barely could utter any words. But when u spoke to her, she would acknowledge by mumbling, moving her fingers or even grasping tighter whosever hand she was holding.

That evening I called Singapore to inform that her health had gone for the worse and just to let then know the situation. I also called her close friends (colleagues) and families even my in-laws came to see her. That night everyone sat, waited and prayed hard for her to make it through the night. Even though I know it was bad, I still felt that it’ll be ok. That night 2 of my aunts from Singapore was at the hospital. Learning how bad it was, they rushed on the earliest flight they could to reach the hospital to see my mother. Since they didn’t allow more than 2 people to sleepover at the hospital, I and hubby volunteered since I was packed and ready for it.  Everyone went back and my aunts followed my dad back home.


The next day came, and everyone was happy that she made though the night. Even though she wasn’t responding much but doctors were saying that she was stable and that she will make it. That day my aunts, dad and brother took care of her. While hubby and I went back and got some rest and sleep. That evening I came alone to take care of my mother during the night. This was the night I will never forget….


                                              { to be continued in Part V }

No comments:

Post a Comment